Clone this wiki locally
The packaging process for windows is a little more complicated than the Linux one.
Creating a new installer
- The first thing to do is checkout the windows_installer from our SVN repo.
- Then install the NSIS installer and follow the next build notes.
The following directories must be present at the root directory in order to make the installer work:
- \Graphviz2.24 # Graphviz version may be different
- \GTK2-Runtime # At the moment the writing we are using version 2.22
- \Python26 # py version may be different
- ..\w3af # A fresh w3af version downloaded from SVN server (must include .svn directories along the dir. structure)
- \image # contains the images that will be embedded in the installer
- \AddToPath.nsh # NSIS dependency script
Shellink plugin must be installed: Decompress \nsis-plugins\Shelllink.zip and copy Shellink.dll to Plugins folder in the NSIS installation.
Now just simply right click on the w3af-setup.nsi and select "Compile NSIS Script". Wait a few minutes and you'll see the output file look like this: w3af 1.0 rc6 setup.exe
Preparing dependency directories
Needed only when you want to upgrade at least one the involved dependencies
- After installing Graphviz on your machine run the script "dev-portable\copy_graphiz.bat". This will basically copy Graphviz from "Program Files" to the working directory. Feel free to edit the paths in it.
- First you should install all the inside prerequisite\py26\gtk*.exe files (start with gtk2-runtime-xxx-ash.exe)
- Then decompress the zip files and put the contents inside the created GTK2-Runtime folder.
- Copy the content of prerequisite\py26\webkit\dlls*.dll to GTK2-Runtime\bin folder.
- Be sure to include gtk2_prefs.exe also in GTK2-Runtime\bin as well as the themes folder in GTK2-Runtime\share.
Python version (2.6.6 when this was written):
- Install python on your machine.
- Go through each folder inside prerequisite\py26 and execute the python dependencies installers. First read the '''README.txt''' if exists. Sometimes the dependency will be installed using python's easy_install or maybe you'll need only to copy some files.
- Finally, run dev-portable\copy_python.bat (Again, feel free to modify the paths at your convenience)