Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Minor speed improvements and code cleanups
- Improved VRC7 Envelopes again with values properly calculated from docs
- Audio output is done in stereo now (though no interface to pan channels)
- Build system changed to Maven
- Framework for unit tests is begun (incl work on headless mode)
- JavaFX UI for the RetroPi is included but not used by default.
(It needs more work for desktop use.)
- Fixed certain FDS NSFs that wanted to write to bankswitched areas
- Added PAL and Dendy (Hybrid PAL console that plays unmodified NTSC games) support
- Fixed negative scroll values (Galaxian, TMNT)
- Fixed envelope decay for VRC7 sound
- Deal with games that read $2004 (OAM address) during rendering
Release 058 (6/14/2015)
- Added support for FDS audio chip (for NSFs only)
- Improved loading of NSFs with nonstandard headers (should not crash on POCorGTFO example)
- Made Konami VRC and Sunsoft 5B and FME7 mappers cycle accurate
- MMC5 mapper is a little better
- Fixed games that set negative scroll values (Galaxian, TMNT 1)
Release 057 (7/30/2014)
-PPU is now pixel accurate. Meaning that many glitchy games are now completely
fixed. However it also means that performance is worse.
-MMC3 and MMC5 scanline counters have been rewritten to be more accurate.
-Mickey's Adventures in Letterland
-Tiny Toon Adventures (the status bar was off by one scan line before)
-Mega Man 3 (displays same glitchy lines as real hardware)
-Every Namco 163 game (scanline counter was broken)
Also passes several more of blargg's PPU and MMC3 tests.
I haven't fixed all of the MMC3 based multicart mappers yet.
HalfNES Release 056 (7/17/2014)
First release hosted on GitHub.
-Multithreaded NTSC filter for better performance
-Rewrote CPU/PPU timing entirely (passes many timing tests that used to fail)
-Fixed VRC7 feedback (Lagrange Point now sounds almost completely correct)
-Fixed loading of large NSF files.
-Many other minor fixes over the past year.