CodePad - A Chrome OS multi-language text editor
This project is not currently going to be mainainted (at least for the foreseable future), if you wish the branch or make any changes/fixes please just branch the project and do as you desire :)
Code Pad IDE is a free and lightweight IDE/text editor built for Chrome operating system. Code Pad allows you to write code and build projects in an easy way right on your Chrome OS device.
The IDE supports a variety of different languages!
P.S. You can also use it as a simple text editor, if that's all you need (duh)...
Currently supported languages
- Full project browsing & management
- Over 20 familiar themes (Monokai, etc...)
- Choice of crisp monospaced editor fonts
- Ready-made code snippets
- Syntax error & bug detection/alerts
- Syntax highlighting
- Code auto-completion & hinting
- Code folding
- Works with Google Drive or Local storage
- Centralized clipboard with ChromeOS
- Automatic indent and outdent
- Tweakable interface
- Key bindings
- Drag & drop files with your mouse
- Toggle between soft tabs & real tabs
- Line wrapping
- Runs in fullscreen
- Cut, copy & paste functionality
The Code Pad IDE can be installed directly from the Chrome store here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/code-pad-ide/adaepfiocmagdimjecpifghcgfjlfmkh
Alternatively, if you're not running a Chrome OS device just follow these steps:
- Clone/download this repo to your local machine
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Enter chrome://extensions in the URL bar and enable Developer Mode.
- While still on the extensions page, click the button marked
Load unpacked extension...and select the directory containing the Code Pad manifest.json file.