AWS Infrastructure as Code workshop
This is a workshop being presented at conferences.
Introduction to AWS and Infrastructure as Code - Ohio LinuxFest 2019 professional training
There are multiple branches for the Infrastructure as Code workshop that contain templates for creating a simple Auto Scaling Group and Load Balancer in various states of completion.
iac-start: Template with parameters and outline
iac-iam: IAM Role/Profile
iac-sg: IAM, Security Groups
iac-alb: IAM, Security Groups and ALB/Target Group/Listener
iac-solutions: Complete template
Clone the infrastructure as code repository: https://github.com/andrewdmay/infrastructure-as-code
Familiarity with the following will be helpful:
- Using the command line
- Cloud computing fundementals (virtual machines, load balancers, networking concepts)
- Basic Linux knowledge - the session can be completed using Windows/MacOS/Linux, but the servers created will run Linux.
AWS Accounts will be provided for the labs.
- Git client: https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Text Editor - ideally something that has support for the cfn-lint plugin - see Editor Plugins
- AWS CLI: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-install.html - I recommend installing using pip if you have Python 3 installed
- Terraform CLI: https://www.terraform.io/downloads.html - sample templates have been created using Terraform 0.12
- Python cfn-lint package -
pip install -U cfn-lint
- Text editor plugins for CloudFormation and Terraform