Toxicon - An App for Analyzing Toxicity in Online Gaming Communication
Made by Andrew Nguyen, Helen Cheng, and Wayne Phung
The latest version of Toxicon can be found in the "121-project" directory. Writeups describing our development process can be found in the other .md files in the root folder and images can be found in the screenshots, prototype, and skeleton-images directories.
To run the app, proceed through the following directions:
- Make sure that the latest version of Node.js is installed on your device.
- Open your terminal and cd to the COGS-121-Project directory and then cd to the 121-project directory.
- In your terminal input the following commands in order: (Note: using just npm install is NOT recommended for this project)
- npm install watson-developer-cloud
- npm install https://github.com/mapbox/node-sqlite3/tarball/master
- npm install express-fileupload
- npm install express
- npm install body-parser
- npm install plotly.js -npm install plotly
- node database.js
- node server.js
- The app should now be running and can be accessed through your browser at http://localhost:3000.
- Note that this version is a demo and therefore the app can be accessed simply by clicking on the login button on the login screen.
- All audio uploads must be in .mp3 format.
- If the app fails in any other case it is likely due to the API quota being reached. You will need to create an IBM Watson account and get a new username and password for the TextToSpeech and NaturalLanguageUnderstanding APIs.