Instructions to make your own Deskie.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi (tested with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Raspberry Pi 2 Model B)
- An e-paper display compatible with the PaPiRus HAT. I used with the Percheron Electronics E-paper HAT
- SD card (tested with 8GB)
- Power supply (tested with 2.1A but 2.5A recommended)
- Wi-Fi adapter if the Pi doesn't have on-board wireless (e.g. the Pi 2)
This is tested with the open-source "unmanaged" version of ResinOS that can be deployed locally.
- Follow Getting Started to install ResinOS on a Pi.
git clone https://github.com/andrewn/resin-epaper
- Edit the top of the
Dockerfileto match the Pi number you want to deploy to
sudo resin local push --source .
- Wait for the image to build (this will take a few mins)
- When the container starts, it should display