New bugfix release:
- fixing issues in the androgui
- replacing asserts to avoid problems with compiled&optimized code
- removing unsupported magic libraries, the only supported one is now https://github.com/ahupp/python-magic
- improving documentation of AndroAuto module
- better resolving of tag names in AndroidManifest.xml
- Adding more permission lists from AOSP, thanks to @U039b
- changed session usage in androlyze: now, a session is always used but you are asked if you want to save it when existing ipython
In order to not break existing tools, some functions were re-added in this patch release.
Note that still some functions are renamed or even removed due to
refactoring and reorganization of the parser.
As the method of resolving namespaces has changed, some methods do
not make any sense. Please check your projects!
Detailed changes between 3.2 and 3.3:
in the module
StringBlock: Made some functions private, as they are not used from
decode8(offset) --> _decode8(offset) decode16(offset) --> _decode16(offset) decode_bytes(data, encoding, str_len) --> _decode_bytes(data, encoding, str_len) (and static) decodeLength(offset, sizeof_char) --> _decode_length(offset, sizeof_char)
AXMLParser: renamed some functions, also removed many namespace
reset() --> _reset() doNext() --> _do_next() getPrefix() --> namespace but was added again for legacy getName() --> name but was added again for legacy getText() --> text but was added again for legacy
getNamespacePrefix(pos) getNamespaceUri(pos) getXMLNS() getNamespaceCount(pos) getAttributeOffset(index) getAttributePrefix(index) getPrefixByUri(uri)
For a reference implementation on using namespaces, please see
AXMLPrinter: changed the parsing behaviour to use lxml.etree directly
getAttributeValue(index) --> _get_attribute_value(index)
Some bugfixes and (re-)adding functions:
- allow packages in app name for example when parsing
- Adding functions to get interfaces, parent class and name on
This minor release adds a lot of new features to androguard:
androguardcommand unifies all androguard scripts
androguard apkidcommand to get the package name and version information fast
- Fixing disassembler
- fixing language and region in ARSC file parsing
- Adding v3 signing code
- Rewriting AXML parsing by using lxml.etree directly
- Adding method to resolve resource IDs to
This new minor version changes the certificate parser from a mixture of pyasn1 and cryptography to asn1crypto.
Asn1crypto is more stable with the variety of non-standard certifcates that are used for signing apps.
Note that this might change the behaviour, how you can access things from the certificate returned by
- change from OptionParser to ArgumentParser
Small bugfix release.
Reorganize the dependencies and remove old code.