Android BluetoothChat Sample
This sample shows how to implement two-way text chat over Bluetooth between two Android devices, using all the fundamental Bluetooth API capabilities.
This sample should be run on two Android devices at the same time, to establish a two-way chat over Bluetooth between the devices. Select "Made discoverable" in overflow menu on one device and click on the Bluetooth icon on the other one, to find the device and establish the connection.
The sample demonstrates the following, using the Bluetooth API:
- Setting up Bluetooth
- Scanning for other Bluetooth devices
- Querying the local Bluetooth adapter for paired Bluetooth devices
- Establishing RFCOMM channels/sockets
- Connecting to a remote device
- Transfering data over Bluetooth
- Android SDK 28
- Android Build Tools v28.0.3
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew build" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/android/connectivity
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.