Android MidiSynth Sample
Sample demonstrating how to use the MIDI API to receive and play MIDI messages coming from an attached input device (MIDI keyboard).
The Android MIDI API (android.media.midi) allows developers to connect a MIDI device to an Android device and process MIDI messages coming from it.
This sample demonstrates some basic features of the MIDI API, such as:
- Enumeration of currently available devices (including name, vendor, capabilities, etc)
- Notification when MIDI devices are plugged in or unplugged
- Receiving and processing MIDI messages
This sample contains a simple implementation of an oscillator and note playback.
- Android SDK 28
- Android Build Tools v28.0.3
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew build" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/android/media
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.