Android TV Leanback Support Library sample - Videos by Google
This sample is a Videos By Google app, designed to run on an Android TV device, which demonstrates how to use the Leanback Support library which enables you to easily develop beautiful Android TV apps with a user-friendly UI that complies with the UX guidelines of Android TV.
- Clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/android/tv-samples.git
- Open the Leanback project within tv-samples in Android Studio.
- Compile and deploy to your Android TV emulator or device (such as an ADT-2 or ADT-3).
Need more information about getting started with Android TV? Check the official getting started guide.
Explore the sample
- Choose a layout
- Customize video cards with a Card Presenter (See Card Views in screenshots)
- Display in-depth details about your video
- Play a video
- Display an error
- Make your app globally searchable
- Search within your app
- Onboard new users (explain new features)
- Customize preference and settings
- Add a wizard with guided steps
If you need additional help, our community might be able to help.
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android-tv
If you use Android Studio as recommended, the following dependencies will automatically be installed by Gradle.
- Android SDK v7 appcompat library
- Android SDK v17 leanback support library
- Android SDK v7 recyclerview library
See the LICENSE file for details.