Android SpeedTracker Sample
Sample demonstrates recording location and speed with a Wear device in mind. Location is retrieved via FusedLocatinProvider which retrieves coordinates from the phone or Wear depending on whether the phone is disconnected or not and whether the Wear device has a GPS chip.
Steps for trying out this sample:
- Compile and install the mobile app onto your mobile device or emulator.
- Compile and install the wearable app onto your Wear device or emulator. (Note: wearable apps are not automatically pushed from your mobile device unless you build a production release, see here for more info).
Sample demonstrates retrieving location and speed samples on Wear using the FusedLocationProvider. It also passes GPS location information back to the mobile device via the Data Layer to be rendered on a Map Fragment.
- Android SDK 28
- Android Build Tools v28.0.3
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew build" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
- Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105153134372062985968
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/googlesamples/android-SpeedTracker
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.