Aakash Business Tool
Aakash Business Tool is a portable accounting platform on Android intended for Accountants and Students. Aakash is a low cost computing device/tablet for students, the project is initiated and funded by MHRD, Govt. of India. Aakash already runs Android 4.2 with many educational apps developed at IIT Bombay. Please refer to androportal for some of the apps. Aakash Accounting provides an easy to use interface specially for students/newbies who have just started accounting. We have tried to make the user's experience simple and elegant. This initial version 1.0 covers basic account management, creating vouchers and reports.
It was initially derived from GNUkhata, a web based free accounting software which is mostly based on Python framework.
Maintaining books of accounts
Recording, cloning and editing transactions and Recording of transactions under particular project
Generating reports such as Ledger Accounts, Trial Balance(Net, Gross, Extended), Profit and Loss Account, Project Statement, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet, Bank Reconciliation.
Export reports in PDF/CSV format
Import/Export of organization data to other device
ABT running using remote server
ABTcore - a backend to Aakash Business Tool
The entire backend has Python code base. ABTcore provides a backend to
Aakash Business Tool. On Aakash tablet, it runs in a
environment(your device need to be rooted for this!). More information
can be found here
How to install
- Needs a rooted device to install ABT.
- Working Internet Connection.
- 400MB of free space on internal/external SD-card.
Simple and recommended install procedure
- If you work behind a proxy server, please ensure to bypass
localhostin proxy settings.
- You can find the option under Settings > Wifi > Advanced options.
- Add an entry
127.0.0.1to bypass localhost.
- You can skip this step for direct Internet connection.
- Open the browser on your tablet and visit this link: http://aakashlabs.org/ac/iitb/ .
- Search for Aakash Business Tool and tap on download button.
- Once downloaded, install the APK.
- Now, open ABT from application menu.
- It will prompt that
file system does not exist! Do you want to download and install?, say
- This will download
abt.tar.gzfile to your internal memory.
- After downloading the file, it will automatically extract abt.tar.gz.
- After extraction, it will again prompt that the
File system is not mounted, device requires a reboot.
- Reboot the tablet and it is ready to use.
- Open web browser on your device and download APK from this link http://aakashlabs.org/ac/iitb/ .
abt.tar.gzfile from this link: http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/AakashApps/repo/abt.tar.gz .
- If you are unable to download the file on the tablet, please download it on your Desktop.
- Copy the file to
/mnt/sdcard/of the tablet.
- Install the APK and open the ABT application. It will start the extraction of abt.tar.gz file.
- After extraction, it will prompt that the
File system is not mounted, device requires a reboot. Now reboot the tablet.
- Aakash Business Tool is ready to use.
- Note: In case there is no enough space in internal memory,
extract abt.tar.gz file on your Desktop and copy
abt.imgfile to external SD card.
This branch contains an Android(4.2, API-17) code for the User Interface of Aakash Business Tool.
User's can clone this repo by typing
git clone -b holo_theme https://github.com/androportal/ABT.git
if you want to clone code for Android(4.0.3, API-15), type
git clone -b ics https://github.com/androportal/ABT.git
if you want to checkout other branches then type,
git checkout -b holo_theme remotes/origin/holo_theme git checkout -b docs remotes/origin/docs git checkout -b froyo remotes/origin/froyo git checkout -b ics remotes/origin/ics
eclipse projectImporting ABT as an
For setting up Android SDK and AVD in eclipse, please visit this link
With a single download, the ADT Bundle includes everything you need to begin developing apps:
- Eclipse + ADT plugin
- Android SDK Tools
- Android Platform-tools
- The latest Android platform
- The latest Android system image for the emulator
After cloning the required branch, start eclipse
- from the
Importdialog box, select
Existing Android Code Into Workspaceand click
- you will be taken to
Import Projectsdialog box, click
Browsebutton and select the cloned repository.
For User and developer's guide, please visit http://aakashlabs.org/docs/abt/index.html
Documentation in raw sphinx format can be cloned from
git clone -b docs https://github.com/androportal/ABT.git
README.rst on how to generate html docs
Help, bugs, feedback
- Users can mail their queries, feedback and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developers/Contributor can raise issues at issues
- Pull requests are most welcome
GNU GPL Version 3, 29 June 2007.
Please refer this link for detailed description.
All rights belong to the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Government of India.