AndStatus is an Open Source multiple accounts client for multiple Social networks, including
ActivityPub (Client to Server),
GNU social and Pump.io.
AndStatus can combine your feeds from all networks into one Timeline, and it allows you to read and post even when you are offline.
For Android v.7.0+ devices. Under Free/Libre and Open Source License.
See the Change Log for descriptions of all the features of AndStatus and for the links to their discussion.
Differentiating features of AndStatus:
- Many accounts in different Social networks. You may have several accounts in each, write/reply as any "You" and share between accounts and systems.
- You don't need to be online to read timelines and to post your updates: drafts and unsent posts are kept even after reboot. They will be sent when your device is Online.
- Convenient tree-like "Conversation view".
- "Global search" allowing you to search public messages in all networks with one query.
- Lists of Friends and Followers, presented as User Lists and as Timelines (with the latest message of each user)
- Tweets/messages/avatars/attached images are being synced in a background, when your device has a good connection. By default, attachments are downloaded via WiFi only.
- Cached data may be stored for years or for several days only - it's your choice.
- Backup and restore accounts and messages between your devices. Own your data!
- Free and without ads, community supported.
Read the FAQ to help you find information that is not present on this page.
For the latest news on the project please follow AndStatus@mastodon.social, @AndStatus@loadaverage.org at GNU Social, @AndStatus1 at Twitter or @AndStatus@identi.ca at Pump.io.
AndStatus is an open project:
- Open for user's ideas, problems and questions. Please start from searching at the "Issues" page. Take part in discussions there. If nothing relevant was found, raise your "issue" sharing with the AndStatus community your idea, question or a problem (providing as much details as possible in order to understand and reproduce the problem).
- Open Beta Testing channel invites volunteer testers. Please opt in at Google Play and start to receive both Beta and Production releases the usual way. You can opt out at any time.
- Multilingual. Crowdsourcing and collaborative localization project invites volunteer translators: AndStatus at Crowdin.
- Open Source, open for contributing developers. If you are a Developer, AndStatus project will help you to implement your unique Social networking features, because you can build on working code supported by a suite of automated tests (see the video). Travis CI is used for continuous testing of the code in a publicly available repository and pull requests. SonarQube checks code quality and helps improving it.
- Source code is hosted in the two popular services: GitHub and GitLab. The code is commented and has links to related information on Internet. Please read the Developer FAQ page for more info on building AndStatus application from the Source code.
You may donate to AndStatus development via its founder/lead developer.