Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Instructions for AndStatus project developers
Table of Contents
Did you think about coding your own features for AndStatus and wanted to know how to start?
With a few easy steps you can start developing AndStatus features:
- Install Java SE JDK v.1.8
- Install GIT to be able to checkout the Source code from AndStatus repository
- Install Android Studio bundle
- Check out the source or clone AndStatus _GIT_ repository ...
- Integrate Project issues published at Issues with Android Studio .
- Use SonarQube for static code analysis.
- The easy way: Build AndStatus using AIDE application.
Please see the screenshot below for the settings of your application:
See "https://github.com/andstatus/andstatus/blob/master/app/src/main/java/org/andstatus/app/net/http/OAuthClientKeys.java" file for more information.
- Set the logging level of the whole application to VERBOSE using the "Minimum logging level" option in the "Preferences". More on logging is here.
- Use and enhance a suite of automated tests to help you debug your code and understand how the System works. The tests in this suite not only do Unit testing of components, but they also create AndStatus accounts locally, add messages to the database, open activities and press buttons on them. And of course, they check results. As a result, the Test suite is almost Integration test of all local components. Only connection to remote servers is not tested automatically. Test suite has its own Android project, located under "tests" directory.
- Check and fix your code using modern tools of static code analysis. AndStatus has a configuration section for launching SonarQube