Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
Stuck at Home Edition
- All music tracks completed
- The music won't slow down when the game does anymore
- No more OOM when loading a level, for real this time
- Nicer effects for polar star, fireball, snake, and bubbler
- A whole lot of other stuff fixed
- Bugfixing and polish mostly
CAVE STORY MAKES YOU HAPPY, PRETTY, LOVELY! Edition
There were a few bugfixes and the Nemesis should be more accurate now. I forgot what exactly was changed though, whoops.
Fix 0.5.1a: Core water was too high #241
Getting Crushed Edition
- Tried to reduce slowdown to some success
- Snake and Spur work but don't have proper graphics yet
- Moving smoke
- Fixed a bunch of stuff I don't really remember
- I need a break
- Weapon effects like fireball trails, boom flashes, polar star dissipation
- Try to fix the rest of the lag
0.5.0a fix: Camera was locking to the ceiling on Ballos second form.
0.5.0b fix: Cursor was missing in config menu.
Extremely overdue edition
After taking month long breaks and working on several things that aren't Hell, here we are.
A lot of new stuff:
- Hell and Ballos fight are beatable
- Multiple saves
- A config menu for remapping controls and toggling some other settings
- Combined ROM handles both NTSC and PAL
- Nemesis is usable
- The wind/current tiles actually animate instead of just being arrows now
Known (notable) issues:
- The "Running Hell" and "The Way Back Home" tracks have too high a pitch on one channel when looping. I believe this is an XGM issue.
- There are a decent number of things missing from Hell, for example Curly doesn't shoot her Nemesis, and Ballos doesn't summon Red Butes. The ending scene is also uhh..
- Misery and Sue are still acting weird in that Undead Core fight.
- The SRAM format in the config menu doesn't do anything.
Planned for 0.6.0:
- Toroko & King's themes
- Texture compression so I can fit Toroko & King's themes
- Nikumaru Counter
- Spur and Snake hopefully
Beat the game edition
Going on 2 week vacation in a couple days so better to put this up now.
- You can reach the normal ending and watch a buggy credits sequence
- Bubbler and Blade are in, Nemesis sort of works maybe
- Boss health bar
- Press X to open the map quickly
- Lots of little fixes everywhere
Plans for 0.5.0:
- Spur, Snake, and Whimsical Star
- Options menu that includes remappable controls
Nobody saw that edition
Dropping this here because of some critical issues in v0.3.2. Only other notable change is more backgrounds are fixed to not look like vomit.
Second anniversary edition. I don't know the actual day I started I just know it was a February.
- Level Select: No more running a wonky command line utility to convert saves, they're built in now.
- Experimental PAL support: The windows/menu are a tad too high, the rest should be ok.
- Ma Pignon has a sprite and is defeatable (a couple things missing from the fight still), so now the hidden Last Cave is reachable without cheating.
- Balcony is still largely unfinished, but the background is looking
- A lot of little things
Stuff I would like to get done before 0.4.0:
- Revisit the Core fight, mostly to fix the projectiles
- Actually make the Undead Core beatable, and make the ending scenes work
- Bubbler and Blade
There are a lot of crashing fixes after 0.2.1 so if that version crashes during a map transition try this.
You SHOULD be able to reach the last bosses. All of which are messed up and buggy. Plantation is also messed up and buggy.
I've gotten rather burnt out working on this and am gonna go play video games for a while.