ZX Spectrum BASIC httpd Server
Finally, you can write CGI scripts for serving web pages in good old ZX Spectrum BASIC.
Run with Docker
wget -qO- https://get.docker.com/ | sh
Run the server:
In another terminal, try it out:
curl -v http://localhost:80/hello.basic
Run without Docker
- Compile BAS2TAP from https://github.com/andybalaam/bas2tap and put the exe in /bas2tap/bas2tap
- Install Apache 2 web server
- Configure Apache to use the spectrum-basic.cgi file for .basic files. Something like this: AddHandler spectrum-basic .basic Action spectrum-basic /cgi-bin/spectrum-basic.cgi
- Put your .basic files into /var/www/html
- Start Apache
- Navigate to e.g. http://localhost:80/hello.basic
Docs on a derived docker container that allows you to drop in your own .basic files
Support multiple simultaneous connections by using xvfb-run -a, and somehow kill the right Xvfb at the end. Alternatively, kill the right fuse instance, and Xvfb and xvfb-run should get killed automatically. Alternatively, kill the whole tree from xvfb-run down.