Inky What Info Display
A Python script for displaying weather and travel information on a Pimoroni Inky wHAT display. For the full write up of this project, see https://andybradford.dev/2019/11/03/living-room-eink-display.
This repo is intended as a reference for how I built my information display, so is a little specific to what I did. If you want to build something similar, feel free to use this as is or add / change your own stuff. If you do something cool, I'd love to hear about it, you can tweet me at @andycb or leave a comment on the above blog post
- Make sure you have Python 2 instaled (the inky library doesn't yet support Pyhton 3)
- Install the Inky library using these instructions: https://github.com/pimoroni/inky
- Install the Adafruit IO library for Python 2 by running
pip install adafruit-io.
- Get some API keys:
- Paste your API keys into AuthTokens.py
- Find your longitude and latitude (It'll look something like this
51.5013673,-0.1440787) and paste it into the
DARKSKY_FORCAST_LOCATIONsection of AuthTokens.py
- In the
TFL_LINESsection of AuthTokens.py add a list of TfL service to track for example
["Metropolitan", "Bakerloo", "DLR"]
python Main.py to run the script. Your screen should refresh and show a loading screen before showing some data.
Third Party Work Included
The Nunito font used is Nunito by Vernon Adams, check it out on Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Nunito
The weather icons used are Climacons by Adam Whitcroft, check them out here: http://adamwhitcroft.com/climacons/