Simple ASP.NET sample
A trivial example of an ASP.NET application in C# for deployment to a Cloud Foundry instance with .NET support (e.g. Uhuru).
First, fork the project. Then run:
git clone email@example.com:<your_name>/simple-aspnet-cf.git simpleasp cd simpleasp/asp vi manifest.yml
Edit the application name in the manifest file to be a unique value (an appname must be a unique name across all applications running on Cloud Foundry), and save the file.
Ensure that the vmcu Ruby gem is installed.
gem install vmcu vmcu target http://api.uhurucloud.net vmcu login vmcu push
http://appname.uhurucloud.net in a browser to see the application.
There are a few things to note in terms of coding and deployment requirements.
- the MonoDevelop wizard for creating ASP.NET applications adds customErrors to web.config - set customErrors mode="Off" for Uhuru unless you are adding your own.
- Uhuru is a .NET runtime, not Mono - so there may be some differences in functionality.
- there is no console output on Cloud Foundry.
- Uhuru stores VCAP_* variables in the web.config after deployment so they can be accessed via
- this app supports multiple instances via JSESSIONID (see web.config)