RubyMotion Parse Example
I've created this project to refamiliarise myself with iOS, to learn RubyMotion and to understand Parse.
- Download the Parse SDK and extract
app/config.rband fill in your Parse credentials
- I'm using the MVCS pattern described in the [iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide]
- I'm aiming for a good balance of Ruby/Cocoa idioms (no metaprogramming or DSLs yet)
- I've kept the app loosely coupled to Parse, so that if you wanted to a different backend...
- Authentication by Twitter or Parse
- Facebook support
- Handle network errors
- Using asynchronus calls
- Implement updating and deleting items
- Add authentication
- iPad support (master/detail view)
- Proper user handling
- ios 6 enhancements?
- 'loading' animation?
- cell class in config (subclass pf tableviewcell)
- rename 'instantiate' method
- menu after selecting an item
- push notifications?