We would like to extend our warmest gratitudes to:
- Mrs. Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia and Sofia Municipality.
- Mrs. Svetla Lomeva and the Sofia Development Sofia Association for organizing this important and fascinating event.
- Ms. Elitsa Panayotova from Sofia Green City for the enless passion.
- Code Foundation – Bulgaria and AirBG.info, also OK Lab Stuttgart and LuftDaten.info for doing the great deed they are doing and supplying all of us citezens and researchers the valuable data on air quality.
- Prof. Teodor Sedlarski, Dean of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Sofia University for the invariable support to the project team
- Data Science Society and its many members and volunteers for starting the noble cause and for relentlessly solving this challenge.
- Mr. Petar Nikolov at A.I. Solvers for the invaluable technical assistance.
- Dr. Enrico Pisoni from the Joint Research Center for the timely and constructive feedback.
- Mr. Ivan Paspaldhziev (Denkstatt) and Ms. Ekaterina Marinova (Telelink) for formulating the research case, supplying the data and helping on so many levels with ideas and words of encouragement.
- Mrs. Mielna Yankova - Doseva (Ontotext) for giving us the initial idea for the research topic.
About the team
prof. Boryana Pelova, PhD - Senior Researcher
Boryana Bogdanova is Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics and Econometrics, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. She is co-founder of the MSc Program in Business Analytics at the same department and she teaches there core courses such as Data Mining, Supervised and Unsupervised Statistical Learning, Prediction Analytics, etc. Her research interest are in the field of Predictive Modelling, Time Series Analysis, Wavelet Analysis, Empirical Finance, and Behavioral Finance. She has significant experience as team member and team leader of national and international research projects as well as numerous publications in refereed and indexed journals.
prof. Angel Marchev, PhD - Senior Researcher
Vladimir Zakov - Junior Researcher
Denis Stefanov - Junior Researcher
Kiril Genov - Junior Researcher
prof. Atanas Georgiev, PhD - Project Manager
Positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration:
- Vice-Dean Administration & Projects;
- Head of Department Industrial Economics & Management;
- Director of the Master’s program “Economics and Management in Energy;
Other projects & activities:
- Infrastructure, and Utilities”, Co-founder of Publics.bg;
- Publisher (since 2012) and chief editor (since 2007) of the UTILITIES magazine