IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PHPStorm Material UI theme modification
Custom colors based on Material Theme for IntelliJ idea products (Used IntelliJ IDEA 16.2+).
- Goto IDEA
Settings->Pluginsand install Color IDE and Material UI with
*.iclsin your IDEA
config/colorsfolder and restart IDEA if it's opened. You can find your settings folder location here.
Open settings, goto
Editor -> Color And Fontsand select
Material Theme - Default (Custom).
Using Darker Theme
Instructions here: https://github.com/ChrisRM/material-theme-jetbrains#screenshots
Material Theme - Darker (Custom)from
Color and Fonts.
Changes from the default
Changes applied on top of the default material UI color scheme:
- Parent theme changed from Default to Darcula.
- Font size changed from 15px to 12px (I prefer smaller font showing more content on the screen)
- Line height changed from 1.6 to 1.2 (Better looking with smaller font size)
- Breadcrumbs colors were not matching the dark them so I used the colors from IDEA Darcula theme for them.
- Annotation colors were Light. Colors changes to matched Darcula theme.
- Console colors copied from Darcula theme. Material UI colors wer too bright on the eyes.
- Console font changed to Consolas. It has less details which makes it easier to read.