Colorful, dark and bold UI theme for Atom code editor
- Customizable tree view gradient
- File type icons (PHP, Python, Ruby, Sass, etc.)
- Glowing tab highlight with active page glow, to differentiate windows
- Glowing selection on tree view
- Translucent backgrounds that adapt to the color scheme of the syntax theme
- Customizable background and tree images
- Highlighted git branch
- Customizable font size
Compatible syntax themes
- All dark themes
- Looks best with Volcanic Dark Syntax, Steam Pirate Syntax, Neon-Syntax or default one-dark-syntax
The easiest way to install Ghoulish is to do so from the Atom UI:
- Go to Atom > Settings
- Click "+ Install"
- Search for ghoulish ui and click themes button to search.
- Browse for Ghoulish UI and click install
Alternatively, you can use the Atom Package Manager:
apm install ghoulish-ui
For best appearance, use a background that matches the scale of your desktop resolution.
For example, if your screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, also select a background of the same size.
You do not have to use the
atom:// prefix for your image (unless your image is stored in the Atom config directory, which I wouldn't recommend.)
The image can be stored anywhere on your computer, but make sure its kept locally, on the same drive (or an accessible mount/partition that Atom has at least read access to).
For best results, get the folder path from your file manager's address bar and append the filename (with extension: .png, .jpg, etc.).
If you want to disable file type icons