ScheduleFu allows scheduling events with dates and times. It includes both the model and view portions of a calendar. It currently works with Rails 3.2. See RSchedule for an example application using it.
To generate the ScheduleFu migrations, run:
- calendars: distinct calendar that can be associated with your own models
- calendar_events: distinct event
- calendar_recurrences: specific information on particular recurring dates
- calendar_event_mods: modification to a particular calendar_event
- calendar_event_types: different types of events
- calendar_dates: has a row for every day and will automatically generate rows for a year before or after any date used in an event.
- calendar_event_dates: a view that has a row for each date included in the event, original or modified information if a column was modified (time, description, etc), plus some additional informational columns
- added: true if this date was added as a mod and not in the original event
- modified: for dates that are included in the original event but have been modified (time, description, etc)
- removed: true if this particular date was removed (named scopes :removed and :not_removed available in calendar_event_dates)
The database diagram can also be found in docs/database.png along with the original Dia file.