A reliable and self-contained command line tool to install and update Xcode versions.
When to use it
- Got a new laptop and need Xcode for your coding tasks?
- Xcode released a new Xcode version and would like to give it a try?
- Need to provision your CI environments with the latest Xcode version and no hassle?
How to use it
Easy, install the tool with Homebrew and start using it:
The installer is made of several projects, being all of them in this repository:
- Sync: Contains a command line tool written in Ruby to synchronize the Xcode versions with the Apple downloads page.
- CLI: Contains the command line tool written in Swift. It's a normal Swift package.
- Website: Contains the source code of the static website www.installxcode.com, developed using Gatsby.
Synchronization of Xcode versions
All Xcode versions and their download links are available under the developer downloads page and it requires authentication to have access to them.
Conversely to xcode-install, which requires the user to be authenticated to download and install Xcode, we have set up a background job running that pulls all the Xcode versions with their download links into a file on this repository.