Deep Learning with Keras - Hands-on Workshop
What to expect:
This workshop is intended for an audience that is new to Keras.
- Introduction to Keras
- How to build and train a model using Keras APIs
- Using Callbacks
- Building a CNN model using Keras Layers
- Data augmentation with ImageGenerator
- Feature extraction with pre-trained CNN model
- Introduction to Fine Tuning
- Word Embeddings in Keras
- Using pre-trained word embeddings with the Embedding layer
- Introduction to RNN layers
- Workflow for solving Text Classification problems
- Using a N-gram model
- Using a Sequence model
Install Anaconda and create an environment that you can use for this workshop.
Install TensorFlow. There is a section specific to installing TensorFlow in a conda environment.
Confirm that TensorBoard is installed.
Download the Cats Vs Dogs dataset from the Kaggle website. You will have to create an account if you don't have one already.
Download the GloVe pre-trained embedding from the GloVe website.
Download the IMDB dataset from this website
Download the Rotten Tomatoes reviews from the Kaggle website
git clone https://github.com/anj-s/kdd2018.git
Activate your conda environment
Start the Jupyter notebook by running "jupyter notebook"
Verify that you can run Keras and TensorFlow by running the "Verify Installation" jupyter notebook.
NOTE: During the workshop you will need to modify the data directory paths in the notebooks since you will be pointing to a local directory.