Anki Drive SDK
The Anki Drive SDK is a C implementation of the message protocols and data parsing routines necessary for communicating with Anki Drive vehicles.
The Anki Drive SDK is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. Projects in the
examples folder are released under separate licenses.
- web: http://anki.github.io/drive-sdk
- StackOverflow Tag: anki-drive-sdk
- Issues: GitHub Issues
- Guides: Getting Started on Ubuntu, Programming Guide
- Mailing list: Anki-Dev Google Group
The initial release of the SDK has the minimal number of functions required to use the message protocol and parse information sent by vehicles.
- Parse vehicle info from Bluetooth LE
- Create messages to send commands to vehicles.
- Parse vehicle response messages.
The initial version provides a limited subset of the message protocol. We hope to expand available messages and functionality in the future, once we can do so in a safe and stable way.
- Building the example programs for linux requires glib2 and libreadline. See the guide to Getting Started on Ubuntu for more info.
Building the SDK
The Anki Drive SDK builds cleanly on Mac OS X and most linux distributions.
The SDK builds the
libankidrive library, with public headers available in
The SDK is built using
CMake 2.8 (http://www.cmake.org) on all platforms.
$ mkdir -p build && cd build # build & test library $ cmake .. $ make $ make test # build library + examples (examples currently require Linux) $ cmake .. -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=ON $ make $ make test $ make install # install creates a build/dist/bin folder containing executables
Run Unit Tests
$ cd build $ cmake .. $ make $ make test