Trio is a simple, content-focused, responsive, mobile-friendly Jekyll theme. Trio comes with support for these things out-of-the-box:
- RSS feed
- 404 page
- Markdown syntax highlighting, fenced code blocks, tables, GitHub gists, blockquotes
- Post sharing buttons
- Paginated list of posts
- Disqus integration
- Full-text search
Trio was created using inspiration and partial code from these sources:
- Solo theme by Shu Uesugi - HTML/CSS for posts.
- Lanyon & Hyde themes by Mark Otto - color themes.
- Pixyll theme by John Otander - design principles, some HTML/CSS.
- Bourbon Refills - many HTML/CSS snippets.
- Font Awesome - awesome icons.
- Simple-Jekyll-Search by christian-fei - full-text search.
A big thank you to all of them. I have added links to their licenses wherever I substantially copied their code.
Trio comes with nine color themes (1 default + 8 from Lanyon Color Themes). These colors are listed in
_sass/_colors.scss. To change the color theme, simply change the
$theme-color variable in
$theme-color: $base-08; /* Red */
This is an example of the red/
base-08 color theme.
Script to create favicons
I have written a small bash script that creates favicons using imagemagick's
convert. You can modify the script to change colors and the lettering. See
_layouts/default.html for the HTML that specifies icons for various vendors.
This theme should be ready for use. I am not an expert in SCSS and the current code might be superfluous or overkill. See issues for future improvements. Feel free to add your own.
Open sourced under MIT License