NBA (Network Balancing Act)
"A High-performance packet processing framework for heterogeneous processors" (EuroSys 2015 paper)
Notice for paper readers
- The IDS source code is not available to the public, as it contains a derivation from industry-transferred code from Kargus.
- You could refer to other open-source code, such as a GPU implementation of the Aho-Corasick algorithm in Snap.
- We used Intel DPDK v1.7 for the EuroSys 2015 paper, but have now upgraded to v16.04+.
- 80-Gbps packet processing with a modular programming interface similar to Click.
- GPU and Xeon Phi offloading to boost complex computations such as IPsec encryption
- Adaptive load balancing for CPU/accelerator to maximize the system throughput