Warning: this proof-of-concept application is based on an older version of Enigmail, which has since patched security vulnerabilities.
AnnealMail encrypts your e-mail with post-quantum computer encryption.
It is an unofficial fork of Enigmail, so it's a Mozilla Thunderbird plugin.
- On a Linux or Mac OSX computer, install Mozilla Thunderbird and confirm that you can send an (unencrypted) email.
- Install CodeCrypt from source (with these changes for Mac OSX)
- Verify that CodeCrypt is installed on the command line (enter:
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/ccr /usr/local/bin/ccr-agent
- Generate signing and encryption keys with CodeCrypt, with your e-mail as your name. Share the public keys.
- Download AnnealMail extension
- Drag/drop the AnnealMail extension into Thunderbird's AddOns tab and restart Thunderbird.
- Create an email draft. In the AnnealMail menu, check that Protocol: CCR/MIME is selected.
- In AnnealMail > Preferences > Signing/Encryption Options, select your preferred signing key.
You can contact me (encrypted or unencrypted e-mail) at email@example.com
My encryption keys are on the project website: AnnealMail.org
Open source, Mozilla Public License 2.0 (same as Enigmail)