Local Cookbook Development
You can expect this 2 part exam to be tougher than the Basic Chef Fluency badge. It will be heavily focused on Test Kitchen, InSpec, and just basically creating cookbooks.
If you're rusty, I suggest going through the kata in the Basic Chef Fluency study guide.
Otherwise, study up on the concepts listed in the guide.
Notes from Exam's Lab
- How to install 'IIS-WebServerRole' Windows Feature
- How to install Windows Registry Keys (recursive true)
- How to create a file with content and create the recursive directories
Notes about my Exam experience
- There was not a visible timer, so you have to chat with the proctor to ask how much time is left, which wastes time.
- If your internet connection is interrupted (mine was 6 times), they will give you the lost time, however, this is not ideal, because it makes you frantic and you can't go to the bathroom.
- You may not use the restroom or else you forfeit the remainder of your time.
- The setup may take a while since they have to scan your room and workspace, so plan accordingly.
- The language of the questions is unnecessarily complicated. I had to reread some of them over and over only to find out it was a simple question with very confusing wording.
- The Windows lab will require that you make 10 InSpec tests pass with the recipe. The requirements are very Windows specific (see above for examples).