Solr Node Sample App
This is a sample easy to use search web application that sits on top of Apache Solr.
This is headed towards being a demo application for cloudfoundry.com that allows access to Solr as a search service.
- JSON items in & out - access items stored in SOLR as JSON document
- Instant search - searches character by character as you are typing
- Pagignation - you can set the number of rows to display
- Summary fields - 'Options' do choose which fields to show
- Details - Clicking on an item shows the full item
Currently only local installation.
Step 1. Get Apache Solr.
cd apache-solr-3.5.0/example/ java -jar start.jar
Download from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/3.5.0.
Be sure Solr is running by checking: http://localhost:8983/solr/admin
Step 2. Clone or fork this repository
cd solr-node-sample/ node app.js
Step 3. Browse the interface locally from a web browser