Snarky Doorbell is an IoT doorbell with an attitude. Instead of a monotonic "ding-dong", it responds with a snarky voice comment whenever our office doorbell is rung.
- Several custom voice personals ("Easily excitable manager")
- Settings (voice, language, volume) can be changed via buttons on the front panel
- Built-in WiFi HTTP RESTful API server (statistics on doorbell rings)
- Open source project plans
- Non-intrusive integration with the existing doorbell system (uses the same doorbell button)
ansible/- Ansible playbook for installing and configuring the Raspberry "brain"
doc/- Misc documentation files (voice persona lines)
firmware/- Arduino firmware for the doorbell RF receiver module
hardware/- Hardware schematics
src/- Python daemon (doorbell controller) and webserver code for the Raspberry
wav/- Doorbell ringtones
The doorbell has "ringtones" of different voices and styles. Voice files are under
wav/voices, split into three sub-folders:
system(system speech, ie "volume maximum")
Voice Actor Credits
Doorbell voices were graciously recorded by:
- Julian Linke
- Maarit Cimolonskas
- Harles Paesüld
- Tormi Tuuling
- Kaupo Toom
- Ken Kanarik
- Nele Sergejeva
- Ando Roots
- Maria Liiger
- Rauno Meronen
- Tanel Sirp
- Toivo Värbu
Built with love and buckets of mischief by Ando Roots.
This project (software, schematics and recorded voices) are licenced under Apache License 2.0 (Apache-2.0).