This was my first attempt at a serious project.
- The project was aimed at making a software which people can use for learning C programming language.
- The software needed to be self-sufficient in teaching the C Programming Language without external help.
- The GUI was developed using Visual Studio Express 2010 and the coding was done using Visual Basic 2010.
- The GUI was iteratively improved over 9 versions (v0.1 to v0.9).
- Some repetitive tasks were automated using C++. The main task automated was parsing data for creating parts of the Visual Basic code.
- A Blog(http://programmingmadeagame.wordpress.com/) was started for publicizing the product.
- The development was stopped after finding out that Visual Studio Express's license allowed use for evaluation purposes only.
- I learnt about publicizing, need of iterative development, need of versioning software and packaging issues after doing this project.