.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Contents: installation puppet services development runtimes other
An open source back-end platform for games that solves the online problem.
- Self-hosted. You have full control over the system. That makes it cheaper to maintain and a lot easier to modify.
- Open Source. Under MIT License, actively maintained, with no black box stuff inside.
- Scalable. Each service is easily scalable since the whole system works like an anthill itself: add more workers into it and they will do the job.
- Easy to customise. It can hold any type of game, because it's designed to be as much abstract as possible. The way it acts is completely up to the game.
- Unified. Each service follows standards so its behaviour is predictable. Implement few interfaces and your new service is ready to be plugged in!
- A platform. Not just a complete solution, it's a platform. If there is no service that meets your exact requirements, you can easily create a new one!
It also comes with game client runtimes for various programming languages for quick start. They allow to interact with services and handle most of core tasks under the hood.
Please refer to :doc:`runtimes` for additional information.
Please see :doc:`installation` for a simple instruction on how to install Anthill Platform on a Linux machine.
If you'd like to test it out on Windows or Mac Os X, please see :doc:`development`.