Help the Bitcoin Rollercoaster Guy navigate the last 24 hours of the BTC markets with the side scrolling browser based game.
The game is built using PhaserJS community and is dynamically generated using Bitcoin market data from the last 24 hours.
You can play a running version of the game here.
Price data is sourced from the coinmarketcap API.
News items are pulled via RSS from Coindesk and Bitcoinist news sites.
For development you can simply point a webserver at the src directory e.g
cd src/ python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8001
Then point your browser to http://localhost:8001.
If you would like to build the codebase for distribution:
npm install grunt
The grunt task will minify your JS and copy your files into the www folder for distribution.
The various game functionality is defined within the following game states:
- src/js/boot.js - Set up some global variables, defines the loading screen
- src/js/preloader.js - Define the game assets that need to bbe loaded for the game.
- src/js/main-menu.js - Merges the news articles and defines the game title sscreen
- src/js/game.js - Controls the complete gameplay state and the game over functionality.
- src/day-complete.js - If the BTC Roller Coaster Guy survives the full 24 hours of the Bitcoin market controls the game complete state.
Copyright (C) 2018 Anthony Mills
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.