ShaderGif is a platform for art made with code.
Docker is the easiest way to get shadergif up and running (It avoids having to manually setup a database, install ruby, python, ffmpeg, etc.)
git clone https://github.com/antoineMoPa/shadergif.git cd shadergif docker pull antoinemopa/shadergif-dev docker run -p 3000:3000 -v $(pwd):/shadergif -it antoinemopa/shadergif-dev
Then, inside the container:
Then beware, the code is ugly.
- Create the shortest path from code to art
- Stay Free (as in freedom) and Open Source (FOSS)
- Make nice gifs
- Upload textures (For Shaders)
- Download frames as a .png zip folder (To make gifs with your favorite software)
- Write and receive comments
- Gif previews - (Easy on visitor GPU, when compared to ShaderToy)
Currently, Firefox and Chrome (including chromium) are supported.
Shadergif is licenced under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3.0 or later. See LICENCE.txt for the full licence.
Running eslint is recommended before pull requests.
In the root shadergif folder:
npm install npm run lint-fix
In the root folder: