Live Production Build Demo
Welcome to Angular Starter! This starter contains almost everything you need to start developing Angular 2.
Why choose this starter?
- Extensible via ngstarter extensions
- Complete workflow from serve, lint, unit test, e2e test, to bundling
- Support file-based and strong-typed Environment Variables
- 100% code coverage
- 100% CI/CD pipeline ready
- No global package installation
- No module bundler coupling
- npm for package manager
- TypeScript for the base language
- with Typings for TypeScript definition manager
- Gulp for workflow (from serve, watch, compile, test to build)
- Browsersync for development server & reload capability
- SystemJS for module loader
- Codelyzer for static code analyzer
- Karma for test-runner
- Jasmine for test framework
- Istanbul for test coverage
- SystemJS Builder or Webpack for module bundling in production
Please visit the wiki for more details.
You need to have Node.js and npm
- Support Node v6.9 - latest
- Support npm v3 - latest
Global Gulp CLI is not required, since you can map them to npm scripts, but a nice to have for development purpose.
Download the starter from releases page
Go to the starter directory and install the packages:
Let's start up the server, run:
This starter comes with testing gulp workflow
Firstly start the server:
To begin testing, run:
npm run e2e
and it'll compile all E2E spec files in
/src/test/e2e/*.spec.ts, boot up Selenium server then launches Chrome browser.
All build tasks will run the
gulp test, the bundle will only be created if the test passed.
For more details, visit Continuous Integration wiki
You can create production build by running:
npm run build
or you can create production build and then serve it using Browsersync by running:
npm run serve-build
You can extend this starter with many extensions built by the community. Browse the extensions here
Feel free to submit a PR if there are any issues or new features, please read this before
- For all contributors who have helped this starter improvement
- John Papa for his awesome angular-styleguide and Tour of Heroes
- Julie Ralph for her ng2-test-seed which helped me a lot to get started with testing feature
- Minko Gechev for his angular2-seed and angular2-ngc-rollup-build which helped a lot