Puppet Module to install Graphite
Note, this is a work in progress. At this point, all the requirements for Graphite are installed and the source for Whisper, Carbon & Graphite-web are installed.
In the mean time, I've created a BASH shell script that will install Graphite on a Ubuntu 12.04 server. There is even a bootstrap script to create the server on AWS.
NOTE: should graphite be on an EBS instance??
- install fog
gem install fog
- make sure ~/.fog has AWS account details
- create a server
$ ruby bootstrap.rb
- connect using account 'ubuntu'
$ ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa ubuntu@server_ip
Note: the following ports need to be open on the server
- 80 - graphite web interface
- 2003 - carbon interface to receive data
- 3333 - statsd
- create a django super user http://www.arthurkoziel.com/2008/09/04/automatical-superuser-creation-django/
- figure out statsd fits in
- what are the configuration options for graphite
- do we need to project who can submit to 2003