RPiBuntu is an almost minimal Ubuntu image with the necessary packages to boot on a Raspberry Pi 2. After installing this image, you can choose to install your favorite desktop enviroment, network services or media center, for example.
- Official RaspberryPi kernel with Ubuntu-specific patches
- U-Boot bootloader with boot menu
- BTRFS root filesystem
- systemd init system
- RPi2-specific Kodi and tvheadend packages
- Regular packages come from http://ports.ubuntu.com/
This repo contains:
- create_rpibuntu.sh: a script to create and customize your own RPiBuntu image
- MD5SUMS: the MD5 hashes of the RPiBuntu images
See rpibuntu.kicherer.org for further information and image downloads.