- Contributors: automattic, nbachiyski, batmoo, johnjamesjacoby
- Tags: liveblog
- Requires at least: 3.5
- Tested up to: 3.5
- Stable tag: trunk
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Quick and simple blogging for following fast-paced events.
Your readers want your updates as quickly as possible, and we think we provide the easiest and the most flexible publishing environment to make that happen. Sometimes though, that’s just not enough.
When you’re covering a fast-paced event — the latest Apple unveiling, an F1 Grand Prix, or the Super Bowl — a full blog post for each individual update is a poor experience for your authors and your audience.
The WordPress.com VIP Liveblog Add-On was purpose-built to address these issues specifically.
Here’s what makes it special:
- Post updates right from the front-end of your site (no need to use the
- Viewers of your Liveblog get new entries served to them instantly and automatically, without needing to refresh their browser.
- Your authors can drag-and-drop photos right into the Liveblog area, without needing to navigate to separate browser tabs or windows.
- There’s no need for a separate site dedicated to liveblogging: every post can be a liveblog, even existing ones.
If you'd like to check out the code and contribute, join us on github, pull requests are more than welcome.
- Upload the
liveblogfolder to your plugins directory (e.g.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Check the "This post is a liveblog" checkbox on a post edit page to make it a liveblog
- Initial release