ASP.NET Boilerplate Tutorials
This is a set of tutorials I've created for my junior team using ASP.NET Boilerplate.
These tutorials are also mostly applicable to ABP 3.4.
- Visual Studio 2017
.NET Core can be thought of as a cross-platform version of the .NET Framework supporting Windows, macOS and Linux, and can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios. It implements the .NET Standard Library specification.
ASP.NET Core is no longer based on System.Web.dll ASP.NET Core apps can run on .NET Core or on the full .NET Framework
Make sure to install .NET Core 2.0 SDK
Entity Framework Core
The technology formerly known as Entity Framework 7 (EF7) was renamed to Entity Framework Core (EF Core) in early 2016 but can run on the full .NET Framework or on .NET Core.
Angular is an open-source frontend web application platform
While not a requisite (since we're coving most of it in depth in this tutorial) the API specification is also available online
- Deploying to Azure
- Determining Current Tenant - Link to ASP.NET Boilerplate documentation
- Accessing the server log from Azure
- How to Create an Application Service
- Overriding the CRUD Application Service
- Communicating with the Application Layer
- Using Predefined Permissions
- Integrate ASPNET Core SignalR
- Throwing HTTP Error Codes
- Built-in Functions
- Creating modal dialogs
- Updating the Menu (version 2.1.2 only)
- Read URL query parameters
- Using SignalR
- What is the 'clearfix' class for?