If you believe that you have found a bug, please search for an existing issue to see if it has already been reported. If you would like to add a new feature to Accumulo, please send an email with your idea to the dev mail list. If it's appropriate, then we will create an issue. For simple changes, its ok to just submit a pull request without an issue.
- See the Developer's Guide for information regarding common build commands, IDE setup and more.
- Ensure that your work targets the correct branch
- Add / update unit and integration tests
- Ensure that Accumulo builds cleanly before submitting your patch using the command:
mvn clean verify -DskipITs
- Before submission please squash your commits using a message that starts with the issue number and a description of the changes.
- Patches should be submitted in the form of Pull Requests to the Apache Accumulo GitHub repository or to the Review Board accumulo repository.
- We welcome reviews from anyone. Any committer can approve and merge the changes.
- Reviewers will be looking for things like threading issues, performance implications, API design, etc.
- Reviewers will likely ask questions to better understand your change.
- Reviewers will make comments about changes to your patch:
- MUST means that the change is required
- SHOULD means that the change is suggested, further discussion on the subject may be required
- COULD means that the change is optional