Apache BookKeeper is a scalable, fault tolerant and low latency storage service optimized for append-only workloads.
It is suitable for being used in following scenarios:
- WAL (Write-Ahead-Logging), e.g. HDFS NameNode.
- Message Store, e.g. Apache Pulsar.
- Offset/Cursor Store, e.g. Apache Pulsar.
- Object/Blob Store, e.g. storing state machine snapshots.
- Checkout the project website.
- Concepts: Start with the basic concepts of Apache BookKeeper. This will help you to fully understand the other parts of the documentation.
- Follow the Install guide to setup BookKeeper.
Please visit the Documentation from the project website for more information.
Get In Touch
Report a Bug
Join us on Slack - This is the most immediate way to connect with Apache BookKeeper committers and contributors.
We feel that a welcoming open community is important and welcome contributions.
See Developer Setup to get your local environment setup.
Make your changes according to our contribution guide.
Improving Website and Documentation
- See Building the website and documentation on how to build the website and documentation.