The intelligent monitoring and alerting solution instantly analyzes big data platforms for security and performance
Apache® Eagle™ is an open source analytics solution for identifying security and performance issues instantly on big data platforms e.g. Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, NoSQL etc. It analyzes data activities, yarn applications, jmx metrics, and daemon logs etc., provides state-of-the-art alert engine to identify security breach, performance issues and shows insights.
For more details, please visit https://eagle.apache.org
- Latest Release
- Archived Releases
- JDK 8: Java Environment
- Apache Maven: Project management and comprehension tool
- NPM: Node package management tool
Since version 0.5, Eagle is only built on JDK 8.
Eagle is built using Apache Maven. NPM should be installed (On MAC OS try "brew install node"). To build Eagle, run:
mvn clean package -DskipTests
After successfully building, you will find eagle binary tarball at:
mvn clean test
(Optional) Install/Start HDP Sandbox which provide an all-in-one virtual machine with most dependency services like Zookeeper, Kafka, HBase, etc and monitored hadoop components.
Import Eagle as maven project with popular IDE like IntelliJ IDEA
Start Eagle Server in
debugmode by running (default http port:
9090, default smtp port:
Which will start some helpful services for convenient development:
Start Eagle Apps with Eagle Web UI in
- Mail: The fastest way to get response from eagle community is to send email to the mail list email@example.com, and remember to subscribe our mail list via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slack: Join Eagle community on Slack via https://apacheeagle.slack.com
- JIRA: Report requirements, problems or bugs through apache jira system via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EAGLE
Please review the Contribution to Eagle Guide for information on how to get started contributing to the project.