Apache Druid 0.14.1-incubating is a small patch release that includes a handful of bug and documentation fixes from 16 contributors.
This release fixes an issue with
druid-datasketches extension with quantile sketches, but introduces another one with theta sketches that was confirmed after the release was finalized, caused by #7320 and described in #7607. If you utilize theta sketches, we recommend not upgrading to this release. This will be fixed in the next release of Druid by #7619.
- use latest sketches-core-0.13.1 #7320
- Adjust BufferAggregator.get() impls to return copies #7464
- DoublesSketchComplexMetricSerde: Handle empty strings. #7429
- handle empty sketches #7526
- Adds backwards-compatible serde for SeekableStreamStartSequenceNumbers. #7512
- Support Kafka supervisor adopting running tasks between versions #7212
- Fix time-extraction topN with non-STRING outputType. #7257
- Fix two issues with Coordinator -> Overlord communication. #7412
- refactor druid-bloom-filter aggregators #7496
- Fix encoded taskId check in chatHandlerResource #7520
- Fix too many dentry cache slab objs#7508. #7509
- Fix result-level cache for queries #7325
- Fix flattening Avro Maps with Utf8 keys #7258
- Write null byte when indexing numeric dimensions with Hadoop #7020
- Batch hadoop ingestion job doesn't work correctly with custom segments table #7492
- Fix aggregatorFactory meta merge exception #7504
- Fix broken link due to Typo. #7513
- Some docs optimization #6890
- fix expressions docs operator table #7420
- Fix conflicting information in configuration doc #7299
- Add missing doc link for operations/http-compression.html #7110
Updating from 0.14.0-incubating and earlier
Updating from version 0.13.0-incubating or earlier directly to 0.14.1-incubating will not require downtime like the migration path to 0.14.0-incubating due to the issue described in #6958, which has been fixed for this release in #7212. Likewise, rolling updates from version 0.13.0-incubating and earlier should also work properly due to #7512.
Native Parallel Ingestion
Updating from 0.13.0-incubating directly to 0.14.1-incubating will not encounter any issues during a rolling update with mixed versions of middle managers due to the fixes in #7520, as could be experienced when updating to 0.14.0-incubating.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
Apache Druid (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.