SkyWalking: APM (application performance monitor) tool for distributed systems, especially designed for microservices, cloud native and container-based (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) architectures.
SkyWalking started as a distributed tracing system in 2015. From 5.x, it evolved to the fully functional Application Performance Management system. It is used for tracing, monitoring, diagnose distributed systems, especially based on microservices, cloud native and container, including:
- Distributed tracing and context propagation
- Application, instance, service metrics analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Application topology map analysis
- Application and service dependency analysis
- Slow service detected
- Performance optimization
- Multiple languages instrumentation agent or libraries
- Multiple storage backends: ElasticSearch, H2
- OpenTracing compatible
- Native Java auto instrumentation agent could work with OpenTracing APIs in the same context
- Lightweight and powerful backend aggregation and analysis capabilities
- Modern and cool Web UI
- Log integration
- Alarm for slow or unstable(low SLA) application, instance and service
- [Incubating] Support accepting other tracer data formats.
After SkyWalking 5.0.0-beta2 released, all core features have been provided. For 5 series, we are trying to make them stable from now. At the same time, we have already begun our works for 6 series, in branch
6.0. It will be a long way to have the first alpha release for it. So if you want to take part in the challengeable works, welcome, but don't consider to use that. Please read the 6.0 documents first.
Code of conduct
- Host in Beijing. goto
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Follow this document.