Changes by Version
SkyWalking 6 is totally new milestone for the project. At this point, we are not just a distributing tracing system with analysis and visualization capabilities. We are an Observability Analysis Platform(OAL).
The core and most important features in v6 are
- Support to collect telemetry data from different sources, such as multiple language agents and service mesh.
- Extensible stream analysis core. Make SQL and cache analysis available in core level, although haven't provided in this release.
- Provide Observability Analysis Language(OAL) to make analysis metric customization available.
- New GraphQL query protocol. Not binding with UI now.
- UI topology is better now.
- New alarm core provided. In alpha, only on service related metric.
You could find all CHANGES of 5.x at here