Apache Taverna Common Activities
Common Activities to be invoked as part of Apache Taverna workflows.
Note that this module relies on other Apache Taverna modules for the actual workflow execution.
- (c) 2007-2014 University of Manchester
- (c) 2014-2018 Apache Software Foundation
This product includes software developed at The Apache Software Foundation.
The file NOTICE contains any additional attributions and details about embedded third-party libraries and source code.
Please subscribe to and contact the dev@taverna mailing list mailing list for any questions, suggestions and discussions about Apache Taverna.
Bugs and planned features are tracked in the Jira
TAVERNA component Taverna Common Activities. Feel free
to add an issue!
To suggest changes to this source code, feel free to raise a GitHub pull request. Any contributions received are assumed to be covered by the Apache License 2.0. We might ask you to sign a Contributor License Agreement before accepting a larger contribution.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision-making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.
While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
- Java 1.8 or newer (tested with OpenJDK 1.8)
- Apache Maven 3.2.5 or newer (older versions probably also work)
Please see the
<properties> of this pom.xml to find the
correct versions to build.
To build, use
mvn clean install
This will build each module and run their tests.
Building on Windows
If you are building on Windows, ensure you unpack this source code
to a folder with a short path name
C:\src - as
Windows has a limitation on the total path length
which might otherwise
prevent this code from building successfully.
To skip the tests (these can be time-consuming), use:
mvn clean install -DskipTests
If you are modifying this source code independent of the Apache Taverna project, you may not want to run the Rat Maven plugin that enforces Apache headers in every source file - to disable it, try:
mvn clean install -Drat.skip=true
Each module implement a particular type of Taverna Activity.
- taverna-beanshell-activity: Apache Taverna Beanshell Activity, runs Beanshell scripts.
- taverna-external-tool-activity: Apache Taverna External Tool Activity, run command line locally or over SSH
- taverna-interaction-activity: Apache Taverna Interaction Activity, ask questions to the user through a browser
- taverna-rest-activity: Apache Taverna REST Activity, invoke RESTful HTTP(S) web services based on a URI template.
- taverna-spreadsheet-import-activity: Apache Taverna Spreadsheet Import Activity, imports from CSV, Excel and OpenOffice.
- taverna-wsdl-activity: Apache Taverna WSDL Activity, invoke WSDL-described SOAP services.
- taverna-wsdl-generic: Apache Taverna WSDL-generic Library, library for parsing WSDL and calling SOAP services
- taverna-xpath-activity: Apache Taverna XPath Activity, select XML fragments using XPath expressions
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See http://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this Apache Software Foundation distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
The following provides more details on the included cryptographic software:
Apache HttpComponents Client,
and can be configured to initiate
- taverna-wsdl-generic and taverna-wsdl-activity use Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) and depend on Apache WSS4J, Apache XML Security for Java for accessing secure SOAP Web Services.
- Apache Taverna Common Activities depends on the Apache Taverna Engine Credential Manager API for management of username/password and client/server SSL certificates.
- taverna-interaction-activity depends on Jetty, which includes UnixCrypt.java for one way cryptography, and can be configured for SSL encryption using Java Secure Socket Extension.