Please sign in to comment.
Improved: Move ‘AdminServer’ inside a container
(OFBIZ-11136) ‘AdminServer’ provides a portable way to manage life-cycle of the OFBiz process remotely by allowing administrator to check its running status or shutting it down. Previously the ‘AdminServer’ class was a special thread opening a socket and launched at startup. However since this class is about managing some run-time resources with a life-cycle, it matches perfectly the container abstraction. A benefit of making ‘AdminServer’ a container is that the startup process is now simpler and more uniform. Administrators can now prevent remote shutdown of OFBiz for security reasons by removing the container declaration. Additionally They can delegate the process management job to the init process (PID 0) of the hosting system like Systemd  by replacing this container with another one.  https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-notify.html git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk@1863024 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
- Loading branch information
Showing with 76 additions and 69 deletions.
- +2 −0 framework/base/ofbiz-component.xml
- +59 −39 .../AdminServer.java → base/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/base/container/AdminServerContainer.java}
- +1 −1 framework/start/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/base/start/AdminClient.java
- +9 −1 framework/start/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/base/start/Start.java
- +5 −28 framework/start/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/base/start/StartupControlPanel.java