Please sign in to comment.
[MINOR][DOC] Use raw triple double quotes around docstrings where the…
…re are occurrences of backslashes. From [PEP 257](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/): > For consistency, always use """triple double quotes""" around docstrings. Use r"""raw triple double quotes""" if you use any backslashes in your docstrings. For Unicode docstrings, use u"""Unicode triple-quoted strings""". For example, this is what help (kafka_wordcount) shows: ``` DESCRIPTION Counts words in UTF8 encoded, ' ' delimited text received from the network every second. Usage: kafka_wordcount.py <zk> <topic> To run this on your local machine, you need to setup Kafka and create a producer first, see http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#quickstart and then run the example `$ bin/spark-submit --jars external/kafka-assembly/target/scala-*/spark-streaming-kafka-assembly-*.jar examples/src/main/python/streaming/kafka_wordcount.py localhost:2181 test` ``` This is what it shows, after the fix: ``` DESCRIPTION Counts words in UTF8 encoded, '\n' delimited text received from the network every second. Usage: kafka_wordcount.py <zk> <topic> To run this on your local machine, you need to setup Kafka and create a producer first, see http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#quickstart and then run the example `$ bin/spark-submit --jars \ external/kafka-assembly/target/scala-*/spark-streaming-kafka-assembly-*.jar \ examples/src/main/python/streaming/kafka_wordcount.py \ localhost:2181 test` ``` The thing worth noticing is no linebreak here in the help. ## What changes were proposed in this pull request? Change triple double quotes to raw triple double quotes when there are occurrences of backslashes in docstrings. ## How was this patch tested? Manually as this is a doc fix. Author: Shashwat Anand <firstname.lastname@example.org> Closes #20497 from ashashwat/docstring-fixes. (cherry picked from commit 4aaa7d4) Signed-off-by: gatorsmile <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 9 additions and 9 deletions.
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/sql/streaming/structured_network_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/sql/streaming/structured_network_wordcount_windowed.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/direct_kafka_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/flume_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/kafka_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/network_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/network_wordjoinsentiments.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/sql_network_wordcount.py
- +1 −1 examples/src/main/python/streaming/stateful_network_wordcount.py